Gouk & Sullivan (1971) Limited was originally set up in 1931 by Eric Gouk and Basil Sullivan. The new company was incorporated in 1971. Today we are still a New Zealand owned company that is managed by the share-holders: John Helmink (joined in 1982) and Vikash Lal (joined in 1992).
Our comprehensive service and repair work is done to the Electrical Apparatus Service Association (EASA) standards and we are an ISO 9001 accredited company.
Our values and beliefs are that we act integrity, honesty and transparency as we perform to achieve results to the highest standards in the industry.
Our location in Mt Wellington, Auckland adjacent to the southern motorway puts us in a good position to offer a prompt, efficient service to local factories, shipping ports of Auckland, Tauranga, Whangarei and to industry further afield.
As electrical engineers the company specializes in armature and motor rewinding and the general servicing and repair of electric motors, generators, transformers and other related plant and equipment.
Our in-house one stop repair workshop consists of two balancing machines, two lathes, mig and tig welding, metal spray gear, coil winding machines, three temperature controlled bake out ovens, a large temperature controlled burn out oven, coil press, coil spreader, two vacuum pressure vessels, a milling machine, large varnish tank, electrical testing equipment and test run facilities for both AC and DC motors.